In this section, we will show you how to create courses.
1. Create a course
To create a course, you can go to your Dashboard => LearnPress => Course => Add New
There are three sections in a course: Course overview, course curriculum, and course settings.
2. Course settings
There are many options in the “Course Settings” section for you to configure your course.
- Duration: The duration of the course. It will be counted from when students enroll in the course.
- Block Course: Block courses when the duration expires. Students will not able to see the course content anymore.
- Retake Course: The times a student can retake that course after that student finished the course.
- Block Content Items Course: Block the course content after a student finishes the course.
- External Links: Redirect to the link you put. Use this when you want to link the course to the course on another website.
You can choose the Passing Condition for a course with the Assessment tab. We have 6 basic options for a course. You can hover the mouse over the question mark to see their descriptions and examples.
We allow you to set the sale price for a course, you can even set the start time and end time for that sale promotion.
The option “No Requirement Enroll” is only available when you set the price is 0. Users needn’t to login or enroll the course to access and learn that course.
As an admin, you can change the course’s author, you can assign the course to another instructor. LearnPress only supports to set one author for a course, if you want to assign more than one instructor to a course, you can use our plugin “Co-instructor add-on for LearnPress”, you can find it here: https://thimpress.com/product/co-instructors-add-on-for-learnpress/
3. Course overview
In the Course Overview section, you can set name and introduction to the course, what you wrote will be displayed in the Overview tab in the single course page.
You also can set the publish date of the course, student can only see and enroll the course when it is published.
You can choose to assign a course to one or many categories in the “Course Categories” area. You should choose the “Featured image” for all courses, the feature images will be displayed on the Courses page. If you don’t set the “Featured image” for a course, our system will display the default image.
And you should preview your course before you publish it.
4. Course curriculum
All the sections, lessons, quizzes of the course will be displayed here.
You can click to the “Select items” button to select the items (lessons, quizzes) you want to add to the course. Please note that you only can add the course that has not been assigned to any course. You are able to create lessons, quizzes in this section, the book icon is a lesson, the clock icon is a quiz, you can click “Edit” to edit the item on the new tab.
In version 18.104.22.168 of our plugin LearnPress, we have added a new function “Repurchase” which allows users to buy the course after they finish the course or be blocked because of out of duration.
The repurchase function does not work with free courses.
After the user finishes the course, the “Buy this course” button will not be displayed. If Instructor set “Retake” for that course, the “Retake” button will be displayed.
1. Buy course via Lp-checkout
a) Enable the Repurchase option in the Course setting.
– After students finish the course, the “Buy this course” button will display.
– When the duration expires, if the option “Block course when the duration expires” is enabled, the button “Buy this course” will be displayed.
– In case the student can retake the course, When a user has used up “Retake” times, the “Buy this course” button will be displayed.
b) Disable the Repurchase option in the Course setting.
– After students finish the course, the “Buy this course” button will not be displayed.
– After duration expires, if the option “Block course when the duration expires” is enabled, the button “Buy this course” will not be displayed.
– In case students can retake the course, when a user has used up the “Retake” times, the “Buy this course” button will not be displayed.
2. Buy course via Woocommerce
– Similar to LP Checkout, just change the “Buy this course” button to the “Add to cart” button.
3. Buy course via Membership
– If a course is assigned to Membership, also disable the option Always Buy The Course Through Membership.
– At this point, the course will display 2 buttons “Buy membership” and “Buy now”.
a) Buy course through membership and option “Enable the Repurchase” is enabled.
– After students finish the course, the “Buy this course” button will be displayed.
– Once duration expires if the option “Block course when duration expires” is enabled, the button “Buy this course” will be displayed.
– In students can retake the course, when a user has used up “Retake” times, the “Buy this course” button will be displayed.
– If the option “Always Buy The Course Through Membership” is enabled. After students finished the course, the button “Buy This Course” and “Buy Membership” will not be displayed.
b) Select the “Buy Membership” button and Disable the Repurchase button in the course setting.
In all of the above cases, the “Buy this course” button will not be displayed.
c) Select the “Buy now” button and Enable the Repurchase option in the course setting.
– Once a student finished the course, the button “Buy membership” and “Buy this course” will be displayed. The “Buy Membership” button will be displayed until the user bought the Membership.
– If option “Block course when duration expires” is enabled, after the duration expires the button “Buy this course” is displayed.
– In case the Retake option is enabled, when user has used up the Retake times, the “Buy this course” and “Buy membership” buttons will be displayed. The “Membership” button will be visible until the user purchases the Membership.
d) Select the “Buy now” button and Disable the Repurchase button in the course setting.
When you disable “Repurchase” option, the “Buy this course” button will not be displayed. But right after the user completed the course, the “Buy Membership” button will display until the user Buy Membership.
If a course is assigned to Membership, enable the option Always Buy The Course Through Membership. At this time the course will display a single button called Buy membership. After Buy Membership and Completed course will not display buttons to buy Membership and Buy this course.
6. Downloadable Materials
With the Download Materials function, you can add document files to the course and lesson. This way, your users can access and download them for their convenience.
Please go to LearnPress -> Courses -> Course Settings -> Downloadable Materials to see the settings for this function.
To add course materials, click on the Add Course Materials button. You’ll see a table where you can upload your files.
You need to enter a File Title, choose a Method (Upload or External) for uploading your file, and Choose file or enter a file URL.
After you have added your files, you can either click on the Save field to save your changes or click on Remove to delete the file from the table.
The course materials you upload will be visible to everyone who visits your course page. They can download the files by clicking on the Download button next to each file.
Note: You need to enroll in the course first before you can access the materials.
To set up the material, please go to LearnPress -> Settings -> Courses -> Materials Settings.
You can set the file type, upload files, file size limit, and file per page for the material.
- File type: You can select the type of file you want to upload, such as Docx, Txt, Odt, or more.
- Upload files: Enter the maximum number of files you want the user to upload. Set to 0 to disable.
- File size limit: Set maximum attachment size for upload (MB).
- File per page: The number of displayed files per page (Enter -1 to display all files, set to 0 to disable).
Click the Save Settings button to save the settings.